BEAUTY BOX - Lip colors to rock Pujo 2013...



By Agnirupa, Guest editor



Hey there all you pretty ladies! I am writing a helpful *hopefully* post for you guys to reach out to whenever you feel confused and at sea in your overflowing lipstick drawer, while decked up in your puja attire *_* so bear with me :D
The red family : 

Now I think no woman is truly grown up until and unless she takes the bold step towards the perfect red lip along with a typical white saree with red border for ashtami :D. I myself have always been more inclined towards the blue-based reds, rich and matte like MAC Ruby Woo or Russian Red *along with looking sexy it makes teeth appear whiter*
But for those trying a red lip the first time this year, I recommend a sheerer finish in red. I love loreal Nutrishine strawberry juice for the 2nd category and it is 1 of my most frequently worn lippies for certainly I can’t wear the now famous Mac Russian Red on all ocassions!

MAC Ruby Woo
In this picture I am wearing MAC Ruby Woo :)

Below is Ruby Woo and Russian Red swatched together : top- Ruby Woo bottom- Russian Red. 
And that's me, wearing Russian Red on my lips :) 


left- MAC russian red 
The neutral family : 
A brick, a peachy brown, a perfect nude- these are far more important for a long day of pandal hopping in this humidity! They are easier to touch up and comes with 0 chance of going wrong !

My ultimate go-to lip color nowadays is the Lakme 9 to 5 lipstick in red chaos :D It is such a pretty muted peachy brick color that nobody can possibly go wrong with this! A must have in every handbag if you like a soft matte neutral lip to coordinate your day look <3
 


Lakme 9 to 5 Red Chaos

On days my lips cry out for something creamier and smoother I have my MAC Cosmo ^_^ it’s my official *can’t live without color* it is an universal pink brown color which fair-medium ladies rock the best as it can sometimes wash out darker complexions K do try it at the store before you buy J


That is a swatch of Mac Cosmo and MAC Cosmo on my lips :)
p.s- for an easy to wear nude you can go for maybelline Totally Toffee or Mac Mocha *_*

MAC Mocha on my lips

The pink family : I am not really a pinky pink gal :P I prefer my hot pinks and fuchsias or very bluey pinks to give a burst of color :D of course you can co-ordinate pinks with your dresses but I feel pinks look the best when worn with bold/block colors like black/white/grey/peacock blue :)


A very universal fuchsia pink is the MAC Girl About Town of which you can get a ton of dupes starting from faces flamboyant fuchsia to inglot no. 33 refill. Any complexion can carry off this fuchsia superbly and is 1 of my most worn lippies when I am feeling *pink* :D

MAC Girl about town on my lips 

p.s- for the glossy version of the same color try revlon lip butter in lollipop !
When I am feeling particularly adventurous I go for my MAC Impassioned, which can be viewed from a mile away :P but oh boy! Does it feel great to carry it off or what ^_^ if you find colors like these to be too loud you can always wear it as a stain. 


MAC impassioned

p.s- an easily available version of this shade is maybelline superstay in eternal tose J its not a dupe but similar IMO

and my top pink is the very blue based MAC Pink pigeon ^_^ my face simply lights up whever I wear this! There are some misconceptions about the difficulty in wearing these pinks but really it just depends on how well you carry it ! if you wish to make the color warmer just wear it on top pf a nude liner and voila! You rock <3


MAC Pink Pigeon :)
Hope my gyan and picks comes in some use :D *don’t shoot me if you hate all my picks L* I did try! Muaahss dearies have a wonderful pujo!


PEL Speaks : Hey Agnirupa, welcome to PEL and thanks for such a wonderful post. You are a lip swatch queen of the blogsphere and this post is flooded with them J Indeed this is just the perfect timing for such a post and am sure, these are all perfect Pujo colours. Shubho Pujo ...

Hope you all loved this post. Is any of these colours your favourite too? Share your views and encourage us.














Comments

  1. amazing collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Agni! even I was going crazy while posting this.... awesome collection I must say....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lips are awesome Agni, I think every color suits you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agnirupa Acharyya10 October 2013 at 20:21

    :-* aww shivi thanxx so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agnirupa Acharyya10 October 2013 at 20:21

    ^_^ muuahh to u nidsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agnirupa Acharyya10 October 2013 at 20:22

    :D u r d sweetest to me alleejjjjj *_* <3 muuahh babe! thAnku cho much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agnirupa Acharyya10 October 2013 at 20:22

    overwhelmed arzoo :-* thanxx honeybun <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. My pleasure dear :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts