Navratri/Durga Puja look 2 - Invoking My Inner Goddess with Meraki


Meraki A Creative Soul, OOTD, Look Book, Navratri fashion, Curvy Blogger, Ethnic Festive Looks, Buy Ethnic wear online, Fashion Blogger, Indian Lifestyle Blog, Fashion Blog, Instagram Stores, Indian Handlooms, Best Instagram Store for indian textiles


By Tarry

“For we women are not only deities of the household fire, 
but the flame of the soul itself...” ­

- Rabindranath Tagore


Hello my beautiful people,

This time, I began my post with words by Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore. Some of you may ask me why... and some may understand by the title of the post. The festival of Navratra and Durga Puja, or Pujo as they say in Bengal, celebrates the spirit and the strength of a woman. It reminds us of the inner strength which every woman is born with, but time and circumstances make her forget that.
And what could have been better to start a post on Puja look than lines from Tagore himself !

I have a soul connection with Kolkata. And when I say that, I have a reason. I have never been to that city but somehow, films shot in Kolkata always enchant me. Videos, Photographs and even small anecdotes related to that city touch the strings of my soul. In fact, a very dear blogger friend of mine, Dolon also knows that I literally have dreamt of roaming around the city with her J 
So much I lust to be in my city of joy.

So when I was thinking about my perfect Durga Puja look, I wanted something that connected me to Kolkata. But I also wanted the outfit to be something that I could wear any time of the day… to work and then, straight to Pandal hopping (Yes, even I do pandal hopping here in Lucknow). So saree was not something I was looking for although I would love to don a Bengali style drape.

My search took me back to Meraki A Creative Soul, an instagram store whose collection of Indian handlooms is total love. Meraki’s forte is Kurta and Dupatta
co-ords, which have been specially handpicked by the owners Guneet and Simran
In fact, they make it a point to accessorise each co-ord set with beautiful metallic or wooden buttons to give that extra special touch to the outfit. Each dupatta beautifully defines the Indian heritage, while the kurta (unstitched) is one of the most perfect accompaniment to it. And you don’t’ have to go else where to search for bottoms too. Meraki offers an array of handloom bottoms ranging from straight pants to palazzos to long skirts.
They are just a handloom or Indian textile lover’s paradise. 

Presenting my Navratri/Durga Puja look 2, 

Invoking My Inner Goddess 
with Meraki



 For my Durga Puja look, I knew that red and white would have to dominate my palette. I picked up a fabulous Chanderi dupatta that has yellow and red print and golden border. The dupatta has a beautiful print of women carrying pitchers which is really a definition of an Indian woman… for she carries the weight of so many things on her head. Coupled with it is a beautiful pure vermilion red cotton kurta with dull silver buttons that create a perfect symphony with the dupatta.







For my bottoms, I wanted something in white since the look was Pujo. Also, something that was comfortable for a curvy girl like me. Guneet helped me select this beautiful cotton straight palazzo with hakoba border in off white which went perfect with the look.







Perfectly traditional yet contemporary, just like the Indian woman.
Since the look is for the women on the go, I did not accessorize it heavily. A pure silver kada (thick bangle) in my hand and kalamkari earrings from Voylla in my ears. Black basic heels from Westside to match the small black border in the bottoms. Light kohl lined eyes, PAC retro matte lipstick in 08 on my lips and a small red bindi… All this and the look was just perfect.




If you love handlooms and want that perfect attire for the festive season, Meraki is your perfect destination. Check out their instagram store which keeps updating their collection everyday. Also, Meraki sends all their products in reusable cotton bags as their endeavor to save the environment which is truly commendable.

Photography by : Mohammad Naeem Chishti

P.S - I was truly inspired by two amazing bloggers Sharmishta and Mamta Sharma Das who epitomise handloom and Indian textiles for me. Also, this post is really special for me as I shot at a building which is over 100+ years old and all these years, it has been giving education to children irrespective of their caste, religion or social class. Thanks to Syed Masoom Raza sahab for introducing us to this inspiring place.







Do share your comments and views below. Your comments really make us feel so happy.  :-)  If you are a blogger, make sure to leave your blog links and let’s form a love connect.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts