Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo

By Tarry

“….for beautiful eyes, look for the good in others, 
for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness..." 
- Audrey Hepburn

What's your favourite colour? And by favourite, I mean some colour you don't mind going overboard with ... :-) 
Well for me, it's red. I have a fascination for red since childhood. Infact, I can wear red all the year through, completely from head to toe ;-) 

I've had red highlights in hair, red shoes, red pants, red bags, red nails, red glasses frames... aah! my list goes on and goes. But somehow,red on my lips is something I had been avoiding all these years. I always thought it was a little too bold for me. 

But a year ago, I finally took the plunge. And am happy I did it. So from Inglot to Maybelline, to Lakme and even LE MAC, I tried every red in them in search of my perfect red. I managed to find some, but somehow wanted a shade that I could wear 24 x 7. 

And finally, my search ended in a classic shade. Yes, classic ... It is something I can wear whatever way i want to, any occasion, anywhere. It's like one of my favouritiest (my vocab???) reds I have in my vanity. How I got it is a long story. But I finally have it in my hands is all that matters. 

Cutting my bak bak short, presenting to you my dear ladies,
The MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in RUBY WOO

Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo

WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS :
MAC's Retro Matte finishes are the best selling ones as they are really matte. MAC describes the colour as very matte, vivid blue red. 

PRICE: 
Rs.1190 (yes yes yes! MAC is expensive)

 AVAILABILITY :
Only MAC counters in select cities across India :-( 

Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo

ON THE OUTSIDE :

This is from MAC's permanent collection. SO by now, almost everyone knows about the MAC classic black bullet in matte finish, no details on the tube but all on the outer box. Shade name and finish mentioned below. Simple, classic, effortless, travel friendly.  

Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo

ON THE INSIDE :

Ah Ah Ah! MAC Retro matte finish's are super drying. And Ruby Woo is no different. Infact, for those who have dry lips, this is totally unforgiving. Don't even think of wearing it without the exfoliate-balm-more balm-blot ritual. It will not glide on your lips, not make them look fascinating and infact, make them even more drier. But once you have followed this ritual, it's a dream. I apply it with a brush, and then, dab a little balm again, blot again after 2 min, then apply directly from the bullet. A small dab in between keeps the lips in a better condition :-) 
The colour is indeed a classic red which all MUAs in India and even abroad keep praising. The classic red lip is always MAC Ruby woo. It's a nice blue based red that looks nice on all complexions (even tanned skin) and makes your teeth look whiter. It is a statement lipcolour indeed and it does make a statement. 
Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo

THUMBS UP FOR :

-       The classic Red colour.
-   Travel friendly packaging in signature MAC style, classy. 
- A colour for all complexions that can be used full blown or even as a stain. 
- Awesome pigmentation. One swipe awesome colour, two swipes great finish
- Amazing staying power of more than 7 hours. Removal only with oil based moisturiser. 

Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo

THUMBS DOWN FOR :
- EXPENSIVE.... (Well, it's MAC)
- Is unforgivably drying, so keep that lipbalm always handy when wearing Ruby Woo.

Here's a swatch of Ruby Woo. I won't be able to share the lip swatches as they got lost... :-(

Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo
PEL RATING
4.95 out of 5

And this is me wearing it. I used it for Emma Watson inspired Red Carpet look for #fashionwithbidisha Mermaid Bidisha's awesome giveaway. It's still on guys, go ahead and participate.

Love affair till eternity - Mac Ruby Woo

PEL SHOUTS :

The MAC Ruby Woo is indeed a classic colour. If you love classics, If you love red and if you love bold lips, then this is just the colour you need in your stash. This is a classic MAC shade, so in case if you are planning to own just one MAC, Ruby Woo it is. ...  

Have you tried the MAC Matte lipsticks ?
 Which is your favourite shade?


Do share you views and please leave in comments because it really encourages me and makes me superhappy :-D Also, share your blog titles with latest blog posts and we will form a mutual love connect :)

Comments

  1. this is my favorite red too ...classic, and contemporary at the same time...full of glamour.. loved it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom loves it so much I've gifted it to her twice in a row :) looks awesome on you too.
    I love the amplified finish in MAC. Somehow the retro matte don't suit me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simran@leavepillow14 July 2014 at 19:32

    this is my all time favorite lippie
    http://leavepillow.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tarannum Manjul15 July 2014 at 11:04

    thanks agnibanya... You toh rock bright colours sweetie.. I simply become mesmerised when i look at your pix... true ethnic beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tarannum Manjul15 July 2014 at 11:06

    Hey beeni... i too did not like the retro matte finish initially and regretted buying this one over MAC's Russian Red. But my new found method of balm-colour-balm dab-colour again has changed things and made this work for me ... try this once...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tarannum Manjul15 July 2014 at 11:07

    Hi Simran...
    thanks for stopping by. U have quite an impressive blog too. Infact, just shared ur pregnancy styling post with a preggy friend... :-) let's connect on G+ too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tarannum Manjul15 July 2014 at 11:07

    thanks Gow! I am in love with it too... one of my fav reds indeed..

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my. This looks extremely gorgeous on u hun. You rock it :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tarannum Manjul15 July 2014 at 14:06

    thanks a ton Nats... agree with you on the glam glam part... it surely does. And what better, it can be like an everyday wear kinds too... It's my prized possession too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tarannum Manjul15 July 2014 at 14:06

    Thanks Love... Long time no see... my blog was missing your oodles of love indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is my favroite red lipstick...its classic and gorgeous
    looks lovely on you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tarannum Manjul16 July 2014 at 11:03

    thanks a lot srinjla... my favourite is another one...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Tarannum, Ruby woo is my all time favourite. And this shade looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Red too! Its my second Fav after Coral...This is such a gorgeous shade...& you totally rock it Babe!
    Looks absolutely lovely on you & the clicks are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so sexy on you! Great review


    www.chicorita.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts