Best scrub for oily skin - St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub

By Tarry

Hola my lovelies... 

How's life and the weather treating you all? Well, here toh both are going for a roller coaster ride. Need all the prayers I can have at this moment... 
The weekend that went by was really special for me. First, I got to meet a old friend who is a bundle of talent and an amazing photographer too. We shot my first ever formal OOTD, although I was a nervous wreck doing it. The reason - I am a curvy girl and cannot flaunt model like figure. Also, I cannot maro poses with a straight face and keep giggling all the time. 
But anyways, then I decided that I would be me. Also, an email from a PEL Pal (i like to call the blog readers as its pals ) was also an encouragement for me. A young college going girl, who connected to me on FB, messaged that she liked me because I was like her. Not talking of weight issues or a slim waist, but rather, being happy with my size... And yes, this made me happy. Those of you who are connected to me on Instagram have already seen a glimpse of the OOTD. Would be posting it soon. 

Anyways, coming to today's review. I am blessed with an oily skin. Which means, monsoons and humid weather are my worst enemies. Breakouts are quite common and I am always on a lookout for products that can help me with these. So when I got my hands on this awesome scrub specially for oily and breakout prone skin, I was overjoyed. I have already finished one tube and am one my second now. SO indeed, just the right time to review.  

Presenting to you my dear ladies,
The St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub

Panchtatva the essence of life : Best scrub for oily skin - St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub 

WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS :
America's #1 Scrub with 100 % natural exfoliants. Deeply cleans pores and helps stop breakout before they occur. Contains Salicylic acid 2 %. 

PRICE: 
Rs. 295 for a huge tube that lasts a year. 

 AVAILABILITY :
Dollar stores and even some counters in good cosmetic stores. 

Panchtatva the essence of life : Best scrub for oily skin - St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub 

ON THE OUTSIDE :

The St Ives Blemish Control Scrub is packed in a white tube like all the other variants. The tube has simple and very classy label that has all the details accept the price which I think the retailers paste. It has a flip open cap which fits well and although bulky, makes it perfect for travelling. I love this packaging. Full points. 

Panchtatva the essence of life : Best scrub for oily skin - St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub 

ON THE INSIDE :

Now here is one scrub that I absolutely adore. Light pinkish coloured with mild red and bluish granules that are not very hard on the skin and do a good scrubbing job. Also, it contains salicylic acid which is superb for acne and breakouts. I scrub my oily skin twice a week and it makes the pores shrink to a good level. The blackheads and whiteheads are removed well, the skin is soft and matte with no oil oozing for atleast a day. Also, if there are beginning of breakouts, they dry within a day. Good for oily skinned girls indeed. 

Panchtatva the essence of life : Best scrub for oily skin - St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub 


THUMBS UP FOR :

-       Beautiful and sturdy packaging.
-       Shrinks the pores and makes the skin matte for a really good time. 
- Manages the breakouts and oiliness quite well. 
- Gentle on the skin, but does a decent job in removing whiteheads and dead skin. 
- Decent quantity for the price.

THUMBS DOWN FOR :
- A bit costly for those on budget. 
- Strictly not for dry skinned girls as it can leave the skin too dry. 

PEL RATING
5 out of 5 (It is my HG scrub girls)

PEL SHOUTS :

The St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub is just what every oily skinned beauty would love this monsoons. It does everything it claims and is quite gentle too. What more do we want?  


Have you tried the St Ives Face scrubs ?
 Which is your favourite variant ?


Do share you views and please leave in comments because it really encourages me and makes me superhappy :-D Also, share your blog titles with latest blog posts and we will form a mutual love connect :)

Comments

  1. Hi Farhat ...
    no clue about where all you can get it since i also got it randomly. But if you want, I can check here and send it to you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarannum Manjul31 July 2014 at 10:59

    hi dear... thanks for coming here
    i got it off from a foreign goods store.... if you may like it, I can send it over :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts