Hola my lovelies...
How have you all been doing? The weather is getting hotter now. And it is looking just the way weather around the colourful festival of Holi generally is. I have been on a skincare shopping spree, buying loads of stuff that would keep my skin and hair in place even after the 'jungli' holi I play..... :-)
Those who are connected to me through Instagram know that I have been using a D-I-Y lip pigmentation treatment from the last 20 days. And although I was quite skeptical at trying it out in the first place, the results make me feel so happy that I have now made it a part of my regular routine. For those who aren't aware, I had very badly pigmented lips and that is one of the biggest reasons why I used to keep away from sheer and pink lipsticks... So Lishiii my dear, now you know why I am a pink virgin ;-)
One of my friend's uncle is an Ayurvedacharya and after seeing me completely bare faced one day (perils of meeting a friend bare faced on a lazy saturday evening), he gave me this recipe which is simple to make and even simpler to use. So after trying it out for some 20 days and getting an awesome colour on my lips now, I am sharing it with all of you...
Here is the secret recipe my dear friends.... The wonder treatment for pigmented lips.
1. Ripe Beetroot (yes, this we all know is the magical vegetable that stains so heavily)
2. Glycerin (Ask for pure one, which is good to be applied on the skin. You get it easily at the chemist shop)
3. Honey (look for organic one, or else your regular one which you love :-)
4. A steel or glass plate, a plastic bottle, half a cup of boiling water and a steel or glass bowl.
- Peel the beetroot and grate it finely. I preferred steel plate as it does not stain. Beets are insanely staining. Also, if you wish, you may wear gloves. But I preferred not to.
- Now, add about two spoons of boiling water to the grated beet and keep it aside for 10 minutes. This will help in bringing out most of the juice of the beets. Now, squeezing it with your hands, extract the juice in a bowl.
- Add about 20 drops of glycerin into the mixture. The glycerin should be mixed well. Use clean fingers to do this as the glycerin is heavy and settles in the base.
- Add 15 drops of honey as well. This too would need to be mixed well. I forgot to take the pix of this one as I smeared honey on my fingers and was busy licking it off ;-) Btw, my nickname at home is Honey... :-)
- Let the mixture stand for 5 to 6 minutes and then, fill it in a bottle, preferably foodgrade plastic or glass. This mixture is enough to survive 20 to 25 days when kept in a refrigerator. And you don't need to freeze it.
See, so simple and easy na ;-) Here is what each ingredient does. While beets not only mildly stain the lips, over a long run, they help in purifying the top skin layer and also, removing dead skin which is pigmented. All this is done very gently, sans any damage.
The glycerin not only acts as a good moisturiser for dryness, but also as a natural preservative that keeps the product fresh for a long time. Honey, apart from being the best natural moisturiser, is also a mild bleach and anti-bacterial. Plus it makes this potion so tasty and lickable :-)
I have been applying it every night after mildly scrubbing my lips. I use clean fingers to dab it on my lips and keep it overnight. And then, in the morning, after brushing my teeth and mildly scrubbing again, i use it once more for 5 minutes and then, just wash it off.
Here is an fotd. Completely bare face (spare my dry lips, didn't apply any lip balm to show the true colour of my lips now)
Yes girls... this is my no lipstick or lip colour lips. Completely natural. Infact, there are days now when I just swipe a lip balm and step out of my house and people do ask me the shade of my lipstick :-)
I am sure all of you would have loved the results and now, I urge you all my lovely ladies to try this out religiously. Make it a part of your daily routine and see the slow but effective difference.
Do you have pigmented lips? What is your secret recipe to counter them? Do share you views and please leave in comments because it really encourages me and makes me superhappy :-D Also, share your blog titles with latest blog posts and we will form a mutual love connect :-)