Song Video of the Day 6 Fast car by Tracy Chapman

Hey Guys!

It's getting fun to look for a song and then, go back in time thinking about the memories you have with the song. Both me and Maggie are really enjoying this series... 

Today's song is the simply superb Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. I saw this song first time at the Grammy Awards as I believe it was nominated and Tracy sang it live. Now what made this song interesting for me that Tracy Chapman was not one of the most beautiful singers around. But somehow, she had a voice that made you stand up and listen to her. 

Also, her compositions had a slight philosophical touch which you may end up liking after repeated hearings... I ended up getting hooked to this song for good. 

So here it is... a song that makes me go driving in my own fast car... 


You got a fast car, But is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision, We leave tonight or live and die this way
I remember we were driving driving in your car
The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us, And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder And I had a feeling that I belonged, And I had a feeling I could 

be someone, be someone, be someone







Do you have any memories attached to this song? Did this one make you travel back in time and feel all nostalgic? 
Do share this through your lovely comments : 

Subscribe to the page for more such posts. Also, do like us on fb too. The link is up on the blog now :)

Comments

Popular Posts