Series : Song Video of the Day 1


By Tarry


Hey Friends,

I got very enthusiastic response for the song video of the day series. It was a random thought, but now I think that I will definitely do this post and both me and Maggie would carry it to November :)

So here I am, starting off the series with one of my first ever English Pop songs. Presenting to you, LIKE A PRAYER by the Pop Diva, Madonna.

"When you call my name it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there
In the midnight hour I can feel your power, Just like a prayer you know I'll take you there
I hear your voice, it's like an angel sighing, I have no choice, I hear your voice, Feels like flying
I close my eyes, Oh God I think I'm falling, Out of the sky, I close my eyes
Heaven help me....."




As a little kid in Delhi, I remember watching this song on a programme on DD titled Pop Time. It used to be the favourite with me and my elder sis, as it gave us a chance to watch the latest from the pop world. In pre-MTV and Channel V days, this was a big thing.

I remember dancing to this one as a pre-teen little girl, not even completely understanding the words well. But this was the very first song I learnt by heart and then, danced on it posing as Madonna in a school gang party :) 

I became a Madonna fan with this song and have heard and possessed almost every single of the pop Diva. Even today, Like a prayer holds a very special place in my heart :) 

Hope you like this post. Do come back tomorrow for the second edition of the series. 

Do you have any memories attached to this song? Did this one make you travel back in time and feel all nostalgic? 
Do share this through your lovely comments : 

Subscribe to the page for more such posts. Also, do like us on fb too. The link is up on the blog now :)


Comments

Popular Posts